Q: Are my control arms wearing a hole in my tire?

I tried to get an alignment and was told lower control arms need replacing. Well today I had a flat and was told something is rubbing against my tire and wearing a hole in it. Could the arm be doing it

Hi there. If the control arm bushings are severely worn they can allow excessive movement and possibly cause the tire to make contact with another part. A good visual inspection with a new tire installed may reveal what is rubbing and whether or not the control arm is contributing. I strongly suggest asking a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians who can assist you with a suspension inspection.