Q: Are 1996 and 1997 toyota Previa Brake pads the same? I see some guarranteed OEM pads listed to Fit from ('91 to '97) with one pa

Simpe issue: Will '96 Previa Front brake Pads fit a '97 Previa, Both are 15" Rotors w/ ABS. . An Ex '96 Previa owner offered me a spare set of New Front 'EBC Greenstuff' Pads which he never got to install for $25. I wd love to Buy but wd like to first check for proper fitment. As initially explained in qest: I've been compairing Genuine OEM part #'s But it's Confusing since some #'s state to Fit ('91 to '97) but other #'s Fit ('94 - '96) and another # list ('91 - '96) yet another list a diff # for 1997 only. I've used these Greenstuff on a diff Veh in the past and they're trully great hence I'm hoping they do fit, so I wd really appreciate Ur input. Thx much.

The OEM pads specified by Toyota for 1996 versus 1997 are different insofar as the specified friction material (ceramic versus metallic). On that criteria, the pads for these two years are NOT interchangeable. Brake systems are designed with specific assumptions as to both the rotor material and friction material so OEM versus OEM for the two years are definitely different. If your question is alternatively, will the pad for the 1996 physically fit in the torque plate for both 1996 and 1997, that is unclear from the available documentation. The simple and accessible answer is if you desire to use a different friction material than OEM specified for 1997, which friction material happens to be on a backing that is specified for a 1996, all you have to do is carefully (very carefully) measure the dimensions of the 1996 backing versus what you know does fit on a 1997. If the backing for the two years is absolutely identical in every dimension, yes it possible to use it of course. But, the best thing to do by is buy brake pads and rotors from Toyota for a 1997.

3. Are 1996 and 1997 toyota Previa Brake pads the same? I see some guarranteed OEM pads listed to Fit from ('91 to '97) with one pa