Q: Anti-theft triggers radio to shut off?

My Acura radio just shuts off because of the anti-theft system. I have to unplug the car battery and plug it back in so my radio can work, then it shuts off again within two hours

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy ...

Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to provide my insight.

If the anti-theft system keeps disabling your radio, then it may be possible that you need to enter the security unlock code. The code can be sourced online, provided you can verify identification, or in person at your local dealership. If the radio does not need to be reset, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the unit or with the security system.

If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.