Q: Amp and subwoofers no longer work

So I bought a ranger used and it already had kicker subwoofers and amp installed in it. Had the truck almost a year now amp and speakers worked wonderfully up until now. On my way home listing to music the bass just cuts out. Get home, it has some red protection light on. Let it chill for a little bit then it came back on, cut out again and now the light doesn't even come on. Checked fuses, ones on the amp were fine. In line fuse by the battery was a little melt but not blown. Replaced it anyway still won't come on. Check connection to the battery. Cut a fresh end and reconnected it still won't come on. Amp nor speakers felt hot. But I don't know how to tell which is blown or have other speakers or amp to test it on. Anyone know what's goin on?

It sound like your amp is bad. I would look at the speaker wires and make sure they are not touching each other. If the amp had melted wires to the power side then I would think the amp is bad. You can try your speakers on another amp or try different speakers on your amp but I think the amp is fried.

3. Amp and subwoofers no longer work