Q: alternator regualtor

I put on new alternator it keeps saying alternator regulator fail. I also put on a new pig tail what could alternator regulator mean? I was thinking about changing the battery cables on the alternator

A: Check fuse #62 10 amp and fusible link 100 ...

Check fuse #62 10 amp and fusible link 100 amp in the engine compartment fuse box left front fender. Also check fuse #31 7.5 amp in the passenger compartment fuse box left kick panel by drivers feet. Once this is done if it does not charge still then with the key on check for voltage in the connector for the alternator. You should have power to three of the four wires and the last one should test as a good ground. If all these check okay then you have a problem with the alternator. If you need help with this, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car's alternator issue and make the necessary repairs for you.