Q: alternator belt

My toyota yaris had a full service and mot last Friday, the day after the service the battery symbol and others were showing in red. I later found out that alternator belt was missing. Should this have been picked up in the service and MOT

A: Yes, the alternator will not work at all or...

Yes, the alternator will not work at all or perform its job without the belt. This is something that should not have been missed during your service and will very quickly lead to battery failure. As you may know the alternator is responsible for keeping your battery charged at all times. In your case, without the belt on it, this cannot happen and will quickly drain your battery. If you can, you should take your vehicle back to the mechanic or shop that performed the service on it and ask them to return the alternator belt; alternately, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to replace the alternator belt in your vehicle.