Q: Alternate battery post not holding charge

My alternate battery post is not holding a charge. I tried to remove it, but the screw was rusty, and I I tore the metal from the fuses.

A: Hi there. This issue is common for corroded...

Hi there. This issue is common for corroded battery cables and terminals. For a proper repair, I would suggest having the entire battery replaced by a certified mechanic. Since the battery you described seems pretty worn, installing a new battery should be the fix. If you would like to have an inspection on your charging system, this will verify what repair is needed.