Q: Alternate battery post not holding charge

My alternate battery post is not holding a charge. I tried to remove it, but the screw was rusty, and I I tore the metal from the fuses.

Hi there. This issue is common for corroded battery cables and terminals. For a proper repair, I would suggest having the entire battery replaced by a certified mechanic. Since the battery you described seems pretty worn, installing a new battery should be the fix. If you would like to have an inspection on your charging system, this will verify what repair is needed.

3. Alternate battery post not holding charge