Q: aloha! i was told it would cost me $1870 to get a rear axle replacement. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia with mileage of 80,000. it

Please help. i feel i am getting ripped off. the mechanic said my entire rear axle had to be replaced. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia. mileage is 80,000. it has never been in an accident. the mechanic said he found a used rear axle. the break down $1300 for parts and $470 labor and i guess $100 for tax.

i asked someone from toyota parts dept about replacing a rear axle and he said that if i never got rear ended, there should be no reason to replace the entire rear axle.

when i asked the mechanic over the phone what was wrong with the rear axle, he said its all gone. i don't know what that means.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Aloha. Ah - the infamous "it’s all gone" excuse. To be quite blunt, you’re being ripped off. If a professional mechanic can’t explain what exactly is damaged with any mechanical component, they are taking advantage of you. I would get your car back and contact a different mechanic. Or, feel free to send us some information about the symptoms your car is experiencing that led you to take the car to the mechanic in the first place. Maybe we can help diagnose your issue and allow you to bring that info to a different mechanic. Mahalo.

3. aloha! i was told it would cost me $1870 to get a rear axle replacement. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia with mileage of 80,000. it