Q: aloha! i was told it would cost me $1870 to get a rear axle replacement. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia with mileage of 80,000. it

Please help. i feel i am getting ripped off. the mechanic said my entire rear axle had to be replaced. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia. mileage is 80,000. it has never been in an accident. the mechanic said he found a used rear axle. the break down $1300 for parts and $470 labor and i guess $100 for tax.

i asked someone from toyota parts dept about replacing a rear axle and he said that if i never got rear ended, there should be no reason to replace the entire rear axle.

when i asked the mechanic over the phone what was wrong with the rear axle, he said its all gone. i don't know what that means.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. aloha! i was told it would cost me $1870 to get a rear axle replacement. i have a 2006 toyota sequoia with mileage of 80,000. it