Q: All the panel lights came on and the car shut off.

My car broke down while I was driving it. All of the lights on the panel came on and the car shut off. The malfunctioning fuel pump has been suggested as a potential cause.

While a faulty fuel pump can cause these symptoms, a failed ignition coil, or worse a snapped timing belt could as well. Have a certified mechanic like one form YourMechanic diagnose your vehicle, they can check fuel pressure to verify whether or not the fuel pump is supplying fuel to the injectors, test for spark and visually inspect your timing belt.