Q: All the electrics failed, is it toast?

All of the electrical systems failed in my 2009 Dodge Ram pickup. Obviously the truck is useless when there are no blinkers and the doors will not unlock! This is not acceptable for a truck with only 105,000 miles on it! I know it is an electrical problem, otherwise all of the parts broken would have had to fail at the same time. How do I go about finding the problem when nothing works? I really need to use my truck!

A: It sounds like you are suffering from Dodge...

It sounds like you are suffering from Dodge’s Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) failure. Years ago, electrical accessories like those affected on your truck had their own fuse or circuit breaker, but no longer. Dodge, like many manufacturers, has integrated them into a single control module that communicates on the data line. This allows monitoring and alerting when an issue comes up, except when the module itself fails! There is currently no recall for the issue, and repairs can be costly.