Q: All lights on the trunk lid are out

All the lights on my trunk lid have gone out. None at all - no marker lights, no brake lights, nor backup lights. Using a test light, I ran a separate ground & touched to the bulb socket and it lit up. To run a new ground wire to all lights on the trunk (that is compatible to all), which wire do I tie into, or do I do something totally different to find a solution?

A: The grounds for the fuel door and trunk ite...

The grounds for the fuel door and trunk items such as lighting and taillights share ground points G401 and G402. All of these wires are black in color. However, we would not suggest grounding or modifying vehicle wiring without access to the wiring diagrams and with a good knowledge of vehicle electronics. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and access to the manufacturer information to trace down the faulty ground connection and correct it without modifying the current wiring layout.