Q: All dashboard gauges and icons are malfunctioning. Driver's side window is malfunctioning. Car won't crank.

My gauges and dashboard icons started malfunctioning about 2 days ago. The driver's window is also malfunctioning. I drove home just now came in for a few and went back out tried to crank the car and wouldn't start.

When the gauges started malfunctioning I figured it might be the instrument cluster, but with the window and it not cranking I'm thinking it's electrical.

It sounds like you may have a failing voltage regulator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely destroying the battery. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. In some cases when a battery is too weak or damaged, it may no longer hold a charge for any length of time, in which case the alternator may be doing its job, but the battery is just simply too weak to hold a charge. As a result of the fluctuation in the system voltage, this may cause accessories (such as the power window switches) or other things like the voltage supply to the instrument cluster to be erratic. In either case, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.

3. All dashboard gauges and icons are malfunctioning. Driver's side window is malfunctioning. Car won't crank.