Q: Alarm won't stop

My car will not stop doing the alarm and it is very inconvenient! I been trying to get it to stop and not have to do the fuse box or the disconnecting the battery? What can I do and if I need it fixed how much on a usual does it cost?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common failure of a door latch switch or door lock relay. On most cars equipped with an alarm system, there is a switch on the doors that is armed when the alarm is set. When the doors is opened or breached this sends a signal to the alarm to go off. When this switch malfunctions, this can cause the alarm to go off randomly without any warning.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the door latch for you and replace it if needed.

3. Alarm won't stop