Q: Alarm preventing from starting

My car alarm is preventing me from starting my car.

3. Alarm preventing from starting

Q: Brakes are failing no fluid leaks at all and brake fluid resevoir still full

An internal seal failure in the master cylinder is possible and that is easily tested for by either blocking off the master cylinder ports and/or using pressure gauges to measure pressure developed within the system upon pedal application. It is...

Q: Q: Check Engine light

The Check Engine Light will come on for a number of reasons. Since the light is on, I would start by scanning the computer for codes. The codes will help to isolate the problem. If the light is flashing, then...

Q: Put new battery in my car

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com today. Corrosion is caused by oxidation, and battery acid leaking - which occurs overtime. It can create a faulty ground or power connection and cause several of the symptoms you are describing....