Q: Alarm goes off for no good reason. I have gotten the error hood is ajar.

On my Lucerne I have been unable to put the alarm on at night because it will go off during the night. I want to jump out the hood switch but I do not know which 2 of the 3 wires do I jump?

A: Hello there, a few different faults will ca...

Hello there, a few different faults will cause your 2007 Buick Lucerne's alarm to go off. If you are getting an error for a hood ajar than this is the cause of the alarm going off. The best method would be to diagnose the issue, and repair the fault. Jumping the wire is a temporary solution and if done your vehicle will not be able to tell if the hood is opened or closed such as if it was left open. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your electrical issues and make any repairs required.