Q: Airbag light is on.

My car recently started showing the airbag light. First it would take a while for it to come on then it just stayed on after a while . I got codes b1801 when I took it to get read what will be the problem and do I have to fix it at a dealer or can I go to any auto shop

Hi there. The code B1801 refers to an open in the driver horn button assembly. This means that the airbag center sensor could have an issue, the spiral cable could have an issue, or the wires from the steering column to the center airbag could have an issue. This code can come due to a defective driver airbag. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot the airbag light issue as it is a complex inspection.

3. Airbag light is on.