Q: Q: airbag light on

i have an airbag light on and it comes up code 12, wondering if theres a way to fix it with a little bit of money

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1996 Ford Explorer. The code 12 is for a low voltage in the air bag module. The module has an internal fuse that will blow if there is a failure in the airbag system that may cause problems. The air bag module will short out and blow the internal fuse to protect the system from accidentally going off. You would need to have the dealer verify and repair the system for you.

3. Q: airbag light on