Q: Air not cool and car overheats

The fans under the hood are not turning on, causing the air conditioner to not cool the car. It also overheats when idling. When driving on the highway, the air works fine and the car does not overheat. The fans are not locked up.

The cooling fans on your vehicle are controlled by your powertrain control module through the fan relay when your vehicle gets to a set temperature. You could be having a failure of the fan relay and module. If these two components are tested to be okay, and power is getting to the fan, you could have a bad fan motor. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your cooling system, and scan your module, for a proper diagnosis.

3. Air not cool and car overheats