Q: Air injection reactor pump continues to run after engine is switched off.

Air Injector Reactor Pump continues to run after ignition is switched off. Is this a solenoid problem, or is there another electrical "switch" that could cause the problem?

This would likely be due to a stuck relay. Most faults in the air injection system will show up in downloadable trouble codes so you can attempt to find clues there. If the system is powered off (or commanded off by turning the car off), what a mechanic will do is trace the circuit, using the factory wiring diagram, to find the point where the circuit is being powered due to a fault. Again, in your case, a possibility is a stuck relay. It is a common relay and you can substitute a known good relay to test it. Whatever the cause of the fault is, if you want the required circuit testing performed by a certified mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Air injection reactor pump continues to run after engine is switched off.