Q: Air does not come out of the vents very well or at all most of the time. Air does come out of the defrost though.

The air vents hardly blow air out of them and it's usually when I step on the brakes. It also produces a whistling sound like the air is trapped. My defrost works just fine so it made me realize it is not the blower motor but probably something else.

A: Hello there, a few different things can cau...

Hello there, a few different things can cause the air to only blow out of the defrost vents. The car’s HVAC system uses a few doors, such as the blend and mode doors to direct the air through the dash and determine where it comes out and what temperature it is. Given that the air works out of the defrost, the most likely cause would be the mode selection vent. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your AC issue and perform any repairs required.