Q: Air conditioning won't cool

My ac will turn on , and blow very to no cold air. It doesnt blow fully cold air.

Hello, and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. When an air conditioning (AC) system does not produce cold air there could be a few issues with the system. First, open the hood and watch the compressor kick on and off with the AC on high. If the compressor is turning on and off frequently, then your system is low on refrigerant. I suggest filling the system with refrigerant and getting a spray bottle with soapy water and spraying down the entire system. If you see bubbles, then that indicates a leak.

The most common leaks are found on the compressor, condenser, evaporator (inside the cab in the dash), and the schrader valves. I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check out your AC system if you cannot find the issue.

3. Air conditioning won't cool