Q: Air conditioning only blows hot air after having a blown and replaced fuse

I accidentally shorted the wires in one of the vanity mirrors, after which all interior lights went out and the air-conditioning lost the ability to produce cold air.

I replaced the blown fuse (number F49, which is listed as being for the airconditioning ECU as well as the various courtesy lights) and the interior lights came back on, but the aircon still only blows hot air.

I looked at the fuses that according to the manual are related to the air-conditioning, but the ones I checked looked fine.

Hi and thanks for your question. In the A/C circuit to the compressor clutch from the switch, there is an inline fuse. Check continuity from the switch to the clutch on the compressor. If you have high resistance or if the meter reads out of limits, then the wire has a break in it. Find the break and fix it. When shorting wires, electricity will find it least past back to the battery so check all of the circuits that relate to the connections that you accidentally shorted. If you need further assistance with the wiring, then seek out a professional, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the electrical issue in person and move forward with correct repairs.

• Air conditioning only blows hot air after having a blown and replaced fuse