Q: Air conditioning not cold enough

The air conditioning is not blowing cold air, and adding refrigerant didn't work.

A: Hello. There is more to a climate control s...

Hello. There is more to a climate control system to blow cold air than just refrigerant. You could have a malfunctioning compressor, clutch, blend door, or sensor. As with all modern cars, a scanner should be connected to check for code and monitor any data. A set of gauges needs to be connected to the refrigerant system to see what pressures the system has. An over-filled system will perform just as poorly as an under-filled system. The refrigerant may need to be extracted and a proper charge put back into the system for diagnosis. The compressor should be checked to see if the belt is good and tight and that the compressor clutch is engaging. You may need a mechanic to check the vehicle with a scanner and check the refrigerant pressure.