Q: Air Conditioning Compressor and Condenser Replacement

My mechanic thinks that I need a new compressor and condenser, which will cost nearly $2000. The A/C for the most part works for now, but makes a slight noise when I adjust the temperature. How important is it to replace and what would happen if I don't replace it?

No air conditioning repairs are required for the normal operation of your vehicle and they do not affect the safety of your vehicle. If your AC is still working at this time, I would recommend holding off on any repairs until it quits working. Normally you would want to do any preventive maintenance that you can on your vehicle but when it comes to the air conditioning system, if it is working, I would not recommend having anything replaced.

3. Air Conditioning Compressor and Condenser Replacement