Q: Q: Air Conditioning

My AC runs cool for a short time then blows warm air. I added Freon today but still having issue. My condenser cycles on and off frequently. Any suggestions?

Hello.

A few things I would check are AC clutch cycling, pressure, or temperature switches, whichever ones your particular system may be equipped with. These switches are usually the ones responsible for cycling the compressor On and Off and can cause the symptoms you are experiencing when they go bad. I would also check the AC ambient temperature sensor, as that is another component that plays a role in the operation of the compressor. Finally, I would also check to make sure that there are no leaks in the AC system as that can also produce the same symptoms. If you want to have the faulty component verified, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose your AC issue.

3. Q: Air Conditioning