Q: Air conditioner works but not fan

The air conditioner works, but the fan does not. I can feel the cold air very little, but when I turn the switch on any position, the fan does not operate. The air conditioner works under the hood, but the fan that blows into the car does not.

Hello. If the air conditioning system is working, but not blowing air, then there may be a problem with the blower motor, or perhaps one of it’s associated components. The blower motor is often located inside the dashboard, and sometimes requires disassembling the interior to a considerable degree. Because of the labor intensive work that could potentially be involved, I would recommend having the vehicle’s AC system examined by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, before making any repairs.

3. Air conditioner works but not fan