Q: Air conditioner quit working

When I first purchased the car used, the air conditioner worked fine. Now the air conditioner is not working at all.

A: Hi. Most Saturn vehicles that have a sudden...

Hi. Most Saturn vehicles that have a sudden failure in the AC system either have low refrigerant or a bad AC switch. If the fan turns on the inside of the vehicle and it’s just not getting cold, then the compressor is not turning on. Most of the time it is the switch itself. I have changed many of these on these type of vehicles. A mechanic would start by checking the pressures in the system to see if it is low on refrigerant. If it is low then it may have a leak. If it is full and will not turn on, then an electrical diagnosis of the circuit would need to be done with a voltage meter. I would get some help from a certified mechanic that specializes in AC systems, like one from YourMechanic.