Q: Air conditioner parts exchange - Will AC parts from a 1994 fit a 1989?

The 1989 truck AC blows regular air temp, not cold. Compressor sounds like it's coming on and turning off correctly when the AC button is pushed; just blows ambient air temp. No unusual noises; in fact, sounds and drives great. It has been converted to 134A. Could I take the parts off of my wrecked 1994 and put them on the 1989? Both are 2wd but the 1994 is a 5spd. Otherwise they are both D21, all stock 4cyl. Thank you! Laura

Just because both have the D21 motors you will still need to verify the mountings to the compressors are the same. The connections and hoses may all be different since body style and engine compartment has changed over the years. The best bet is to have the vehicles side-by-side and compare whether or not the parts can be used interchangeably. If you need to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can source the correct AC compressor and have it properly installed on your Nissan.

3. Air conditioner parts exchange - Will AC parts from a 1994 fit a 1989?