Q: air conditioner not working

My climate control is not working. Right now it's on fresh air heat and the blower will not shut off. My car has 153,000 miles on it. I need to know if the control panel is the problem or is it more involved? It will start working and stop working - start, stop. Update: I hear the part has been changed out. The control panel is totally blank. It is more than likely the control unit. There could also be loose or frayed wires behind the behind the control unit.

A: It definitely sounds like the IHKA control ...

It definitely sounds like the IHKA control unit, especially since the displays are not working. One other possibility, and this still may be an issue if the blower cannot be controlled, is a failed final stage, which is a common issue in this model. However, the final stage makes no difference if the IHKA control module being faulty. These control units are coded to the vehicle so generally this will be a dealer repair.