Q: Air conditioner not working

I had a response already and it reminded me of something I had already tried. I have tried to jiggle the fan speed switch a lot when it's not working and this has not helped. Also I have tried to change the zones of air direction and it sounds like it's trying to blow a little when I turn it to feet zone and other zones but it then stops, so none of that has helped fix the issue. Also when you start driving down the highway and air is naturally flowing in the a.c. blows a little and sometimes starts the blower on its own. Do you have any other advice that may help diagnose the problem? I don't want to take it in to the shop without having an idea of what it could be.

It sounds like your blower fan is likely faulty. The internal contacts of the motor can get worn out, causing intermittent operation. A bad electrical connection elsewhere in the circuit can also cause intermittent operation. I’d suggest having a certified technician check the electrical system to determine the exact cause of your concern. Best of luck!