Q: Q: Air conditioner not working

My air conditioner only works part of the time. Sometimes if you bang on the passenger side dash it will start blowing but not all the time. Also when it's not working I have checked under the hood and the compressor line is cooling so I don't think it is the compressor. Also I have a rattling noise when it is blowing. Another thing is that when it's on it cools really well but sometimes when it's set in high it does not blow as hard as it used to.

The next time it acts up, try wiggling the fan speed selector, or moving it back and forth between speeds. If it starts working, then the problem is most likely the fan selector switch itself. If the problem is not within the switch, you could have a loose connector or wire. I would then remove and inspect the fan for breaks or debris that could make the rattle noise. If you need help having this checked, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to test and verify the cause of your AC issue so that you can move forward with the correct repairs.

3. Q: Air conditioner not working