Q: Air conditioner not cooling like it should

The air conditioner is not blowing cold air. I had Freon put in it, and it blew cold for about two days, but then it started blowing warm again. I checked for leaks and was able to fix one. Put more Freon in and it's still not getting as cold as it should.

A: Air conditioning is a delicate system in mo...

Air conditioning is a delicate system in modern cars. For it to work properly there can be no moisture or debris in the system. When a leak occurs, the refrigerant leaks out, but the oil in the system leaks out too. Air and moisture then enter the system. After the leak is repaired, the receiver/dryer should be replaced. This part has a water absorbing desiccant inside of it. The system then needs to be put in a vacuum with a deep vacuum pump to boil out any remaining moisture. Next the proper amount of oil is added, finally the correct amount of refrigerant is added. Small problems can snowball into big problems quickly if these steps are not taken. Moisture and a lack of oil will ruin the compressor very quickly, resulting in debris being pumped throughout the system. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose and repair your AC issue to have it back in working condition.