Q: Air conditioner making noise

My air conditioner makes a noise when I turn it on. It is also not as cold as it could be.

A: You have an A/C leak. Dye needs to be added...

You have an A/C leak. Dye needs to be added to the system, and the system needs to be recharged. Pressure gauges need to be attached to verify proper A/C system operation. You may also have a compressor issue that is causing the noise. If you need help with this, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your system for coolant leaks and replace your AC compressor if needed.