Q: Air Conditioner

My car is making a clinking, clanking sound when I turn the air on, before I take it to the dealership, do I need to put in antifreeze.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello there. There are a few possible fault...

Hello there. There are a few possible faults that would cause a clanking sound when the AC is on. The AC system uses refrigerant and it is a sealed system that requires a special adapter to add, too. The cooling system uses coolant and is separate from the AC system. Most likely causes would be the AC compressor clutch, drive belt, belt tensioner, or a failing compressor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the AC system fault and perform any repairs required.