Q: Air and panel lights

Air, can only have it on low air blowing anything higher car shakes more and then all panel lights come on gas gage drops to empty I have gas, but car still running then lights go off gas gage comes up to where it's supposed to be, car shakes bad at stop light so have to keep air on low.still shaking but keeps panel lights from coming on and potential dieing.this only happens when aircondition is turned on .with it off car runs fine. Thank you for your help

It sounds like you may have a few possible issues going on. The shaking may be a result of a faulty or dirty MAP sensor as the vehicle responds adversely to a load put on the motor (i.e. putting it in gear, making turns (which makes use of the power steering pressure switch) turning on AC or engaging the brakes). The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor senses engine load and generates a signal that is proportional to the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold. The engine computer then uses this information to adjust ignition timing and fuel enrichment. When the engine is working hard, intake vacuum drops as the throttle opens wide. The engine takes in more air, which requires more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio in balance. When the computer reads a heavy load signal from the MAP sensor, it adjusts the fuel mixture to slightly more rich than normal so the engine can produce more power. The computer will then retard (back off) ignition timing slightly to prevent detonation that can damage the engine and decrease performance. This may also be caused by other closely related components such as a dirty or failing mass air-flow sensor, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a vacuum leak.

The issue with the lights coming on and off may be a result of an electrical short, a faulty gauge cluster or a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges or lights in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Air and panel lights