Q: Aftermarket radio broken, installing new one

The vehicle no longer has the original stock radio in it. There is a older aftermarket radio in there, but the screen is broken and CD player does not work. I would like to install a new one but I am clueless on the process. Since it has aftermarket unit already do I need to buy any adapters, or should it be more of plug and play at this point. I have not tried to get to the unit yet because this involves taking apart the dashboard and I would rather be completely prepared before taking it apart.

Most of the aftermarket stereos out on the market today are primarily plug and play. Just be sure to make certain the stereo is properly grounded and the correct power source is used when plugging it in.

If you run into any issues with your radio or need help with installing the replacement, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come assist you as necessary.

3. Aftermarket radio broken, installing new one