Q: After several different repair jobs, SUV still veers to right

I was driving around 60 mph and my SUV started veering to the right. I took it to the dealership and they made repairs, but since then the veering to the right has happened three more times. I went back to the dealer and they told me they would do a 4-wheel alignment, which they did. This pattern repeated and after the fourth time of their repairs not solving the problem, I decided that what they are doing is only a temporary fix (a bit suspicious to me). Can you tell me what would be a “permanent” solution for my SUV’s problem of veering to the right?

A: Many different issues can cause the vehicle...

Many different issues can cause the vehicle to have a directional pull. The most likely would be a failing tire, alignment or failed suspension components. 4-wheel alignments should last about a year after they have been performed for keeping the vehicle straight. If they do not, something may be causing the alignment to be out. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vehicle’s pulling issue and perform any repairs required.