Q: after replacing wheel bearing discs and brake pads brake lights won't work

after replacing wheel bearings brake pa ds and discs brake lights x3 are not working.

A: Hi there. I don’t believe the repair is rel...

Hi there. I don’t believe the repair is related to the brake lights not working; could simply be a coincidence. First, check all the brake lights to make sure the bulbs are not burned out and replace as necessary. Believe it or not, most people don’t even check the lights until a repair has been made or another driver, such as my wife, courteously lets them know that their brake lights aren’t working. Recheck operation after bulb replacement if blown bulbs are found. You can also check all the fuses and replace as necessary. If the fuses and bulbs are ok, then there could be an unnoticed fault with the brake light switch. Testing of the brake light switch will require the electrical wiring diagram and a digital volt/ohm meter. Using the diagram, locate the power source coming into the switch and going to the brake lights for testing; also a check for stored history or pending codes in the ABS computer will definitely lead you to the switch if a code exists. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a brake lights don’t work inspection.