Q: After repairs, SUV stalls after deceleration and idles

I replaced the fuel filter in an SUV last week. The next day, it ran fine. Then later I performed a trans service (removed fluid with a trans line machine, drained pan, & then replaced trans filter, then replaced fluid). To be able to access the trans line, I removed the airbox and intake. I replaced all this. Then, I drove it and noticed that it was idling low around 400 RPMs and drove rough around 1,500 RPMs. At 40 mph, twice it stalled out after deceleration, when it started idling. Can you tell me what the problem is? Thanks.

Using a scan tool to access any stored diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) may give you some direction on this. I recommend cleaning the throttle body. TAC (throttle actuator control) or drive-by-wire throttles are very sensitive to dirty throttle bodies. You may want to bring the car back to where you had the repairs done to see if they can find any mistakes that were made. If you would rather have another professional technician check this, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the stalling issue.

3. After repairs, SUV stalls after deceleration and idles