Q: After repairs, clunk-type noise still persists

After having been stopped at an intersection, I started turning left and half-way into the turn I heard a pop, clunk-type of noise. I could also feel it on the driver’s side floorboard. When I tried to get it analyzed, they couldn’t duplicate the problem. I went back a 2nd time and had a tech ride with me and he did hear the sound. When I picked up my SUV, the work order read that all lubricate points had been lubricated and all the suspension components were torqued to spec. What they did had no effect on the clunk noise; it still persists and is intensifying the more I drive my SUV. Can you tell me what would solve this clunk sound?

Hello. It sounds like you may have a problem with an axle shaft of the front differential in your truck. Also, make sure that you have the truck in 2WD, not auto 4WD or 4WD high. If you have it in auto, the front axle will be engaged and cause problems with the front differential and cause it to fail. I would start with these areas. If you need assistance, you can get help from one of the technicians from YourMechanic. They can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise and advise you on the correct repairs.

3. After repairs, clunk-type noise still persists