Q: After overhaul my Ka24 d21 doesn't rev pass 4000 rpm

Ka21 after overhaul don't rev pass 4000rpm. I got it once to rev out and i drive it and after parking for an hour it limited at 4000rpm like its not getting enough gas.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, I'm not sure running a recently overhauled engine over 4,000 rpm is a good idea. There is a 500 mile break-in period recommended by most rebuilders. Change the engine oil and filter after the break-in period, then drive it hard. Assuming you are past the break-in, it could be a fuel delivery issue such as a fuel pump or fuel filter. It could also be due to a restricted exhaust system, such as a partially plugged catalytic converter. To have all of this checked, I recommend having your vehicle's power problem diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.