Q: After my mechanics fix the top cylinder and set the timing of my benz e280, it refuses to start.

the top cylinda was removed so as to re-thread a plug hole, after coupling and setting of the timing the car engine cant even turn.

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check to see if the engine is in correct timing. If the engine will crank but won't start, then check the power to the spark plugs and ensure that the plugs are working. If the engine will not crank over at all, then check the battery connection for any loose battery cables. If the cables are tight, then check the wires on the starter solenoid for any corrosion or loose wires. If all of the wires are in good shape, then check the ground wire from the engine block to the body of the vehicle and make sure that it is connected. This is a large ground wire that allows the spark plugs to make a good connection back to the battery. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle's issues starting up.