Q: After I have driven awhile (basically not the first few times that I apply the brake) I hear a grinding souund

I have had my brakes checked and told that I do not have a brake problem -- that maybe a rock or dirt is in the brake lining. I took my car in twice with the same result. I continue to have a grinding sound when I press on the brakes -- now getting more noticeable. Could this be a bearing? Do I really have nothing to worry about? Thanks

You may be hearing just the brake pad noise that is the material in the pads grinding on the rotor. This is normal for most metallic pads. The pad material is made with small metal fibers mixed in with the pad material and sometime you will get a large amount of the metal particles exposed on the pads and will make a grinding or squeal from the pads. You should have the brake system inspected just in case something else is wrong but I would not recommend replacement pads since the new ones may be just as noisy or worse.

3. After I have driven awhile (basically not the first few times that I apply the brake) I hear a grinding souund