Q: After having my blower motor change is there a possibility that my mechanic may have somehow damaged my heater core

After having my blower motor change is there a possibility that my mechanic may have somehow damaged my heater core, it was less than five days after, that I discovered that I was smelling something it wasn't a sweet smell it didn't smell like antifreeze however just yesterday that I had a engine coolant temperature light on and I went to the nearest AutoZone and I was told that I needed coolant, it was empty, could they have messed with the heater core and didn't know it, or somehow damaged it when he replaced the blower motor? There is a drip of cool it now that is full when the car is turned off could there be a hose,or the heater core?

3. After having my blower motor change is there a possibility that my mechanic may have somehow damaged my heater core