Q: After hard brake (down hill, 45mph) violent shaking occurs for about 5 miles, then resolves on its own. Is this a brake problem

New ball joints, new tires, nearly new shocks. Steering is tight, no play, but shaking is violent and jiggles the steering wheel. Shake always begins after braking, and truck pulls to the right during braking. Have had problems with hubs, too. They seem to be fixed now.

A: This is most likely a braking issue. This ...

This is most likely a braking issue. This may be caused by a collapsed or faulty brake line or otherwise lack of hydraulic pressure getting to one of the brake calipers. When this happens, this means that one of the brake calipers is doing it's job at normal or full capacity in terms of stopping power and the other is not. This will cause the vehicle to pull to the side that is working properly since this side is exerting more stopping power than the other side. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your brake system to properly repair.