Q: After getting a new batter and alternator my mechanic says it should be good but still my battery light is on

Don't know what to do anymore took hours to replace alternater checked wiring and battery

Hi There, You may have a defective voltage regulator, which is a component that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. In some cases when a battery is too weak or damaged, it may no longer hold a charge for any length of time, in which case the alternator may be doing its job, but the battery is just simply too weak to hold a charge. In either case, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.

3. After getting a new batter and alternator my mechanic says it should be good but still my battery light is on