Q: After driving like for 10 to 15 min my 1999 mercury Sable starts a high pitched whistling noise but only when my foot is off the g

After 10 to 15 min driving my car starts making a high pitched whistling noise from under the hood but if I give it any gas at all it stops it seems to only make this noise if my foot is off the gas pedal any idea what it could be

It’s probably an air or vacuum leak. When your foot is off the gas, at idle engine vacuum is higher which would draw in more air if there is a leak, perhaps enough to create such a noise. There’s a possibility that a rotating component in the serpentine belt "circuit" could cause noise, too. That is easy to isolate by removing the belt and just momentarily running the engine. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. After driving like for 10 to 15 min my 1999 mercury Sable starts a high pitched whistling noise but only when my foot is off the g