Q: After driving 40-50 miles, and stop at light, car starts kicking into gears

When I slow down to stop at a red light and then start up again, my car kicks into gears on its own. This happens after I've been traveling for around 40-50 miles. Please lead me to know what is causing this. Thanks in advance.

A: It sounds like a transmission problem to me...

It sounds like a transmission problem to me, but the 1.8 liter only shows it came with a manual transmission. If you have the manual transmission, then the hydraulic clutch needs to be checked for leaks and issues with the clutch master cylinder or slave leaking down and the clutch engaging when you do not want it to.

Call a mechanic to come and check the system for you including looking for leaks, and checking the master cylinder to see if it is low on fluid. If it is not low, then then the master cylinder is leaking internally and would need replaced.