Q: After closing, sunroof goes back to ventilation position

When I put the sunroof in the ventilated position, it won’t close. When trying to close it, it first goes down, then goes back to the ventilated position. Before it will fully close, I have to open it the whole way before closing it again. I tried the reset feature where I held down the close button for 10 seconds, but no solution. This is a very annoying problem and time consuming. Can you give me an idea of what’s causing it and what will solve it?

A: Hello! If the reset procedure does not work...

Hello! If the reset procedure does not work I suggest having a technician inspect the sunroof rails. The most likely cause will be the sun roof rails binding up. This issue has been reported by several Fiat owners already. Replacing the sunroof rails or cleaning and lubricating them will usually cause the sunroof to function as designed again.

If you decide to get this fixed, feel free to contact a professional mechanic who can assess the issue with your sunroof. A proper repair can then be done once a proper diagnostic performed.