Q: After being driven for 20 minutes and parked for 1 hour, the car won't idle after restarting. What is a possible cause of this?

See question

If the vehicle drives fine when cold and starts showing issues after the engine warms up, there may be a problem with the idle air control system. Another possibility is a gasket that may seal fine when the car is cold, but a gap opens when it gets warm causing a vacuum leak.

Consider having the vehicle looked over by an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can determine if you need an idle air control valve replacement or if something else is wrong.

3. After being driven for 20 minutes and parked for 1 hour, the car won't idle after restarting. What is a possible cause of this?